Pilkington Pyrostop™ Fire Resistance Glass is made with a multiple laminate of float glass and a special transparent intumescent interlayer, which is totally compatible and optically homogenous with the glass layers. When exposed to fire, the pane facing the flames fractures but remains in place and the interlayers, one after the other foam up to form an opaque insulating shield that blocks the heat of the blaze.
The Pilkington Pyrostop™ range includes performances from 45 minutes up to 120 minutes depending on the product chosen. Pilkington Pyrostop™ must always be used as a part of an approved fire resistance rated framing assembly.
* Totally clear, Pilkington Pyrostop™ is aesthetically superior to other fire resistance glasses, combining fire resistance with the traditional optical quality and clarity of glass.
* Isolates the fire and protects the non-fire side from the blaze, reducing damage, allowing time for safe escape and providing protected access for firefighters.
* Creates a barrier against heat, smoke, flames and hot gases.
* Stays in place and acts as an insulating fire wall when installed in an appropriate fire resistance rated assembly.
* Can be framed in fire resistance rated assemblies of wood, steel, aluminum or gypsum walls.
* Optical quality products in the Pilkington Pyrostop™ range at ratings of 60 minutes and above are based on Pilkington Optiwhite™ Low Iron Glass to ensure superior light transmission and optical quality of the thicker laminates.
* Established track record of performance proven over more than 25 years of use worldwide in a broad range of building types and in single and double glazed applications.
* Fabricated in the U.S. for short lead times, the glass can be used for interior and exterior applications and is available in the U.S. in thicknesses from 0.71" (19 mm) to 2.2" (62 mm).
* Ideal for windows, walls, doors, transoms, partitions, facades and even sloped glazing applications.
* Tested and approved, Pilkington Pyrostop™ has passed the hose stream test for physical resilience under fire conditions as required by U.S. and Canadian standards.
* Meets CPSC Category II Impact Resistance, meets Level I-III Bullet Resistance as specified in UL 752 (1995), and is listed with Underwriters Laboratories (UL).
* Comes with a five year warranty.
Pilkington Pyrostop™ is designed to be combined with the full range of Pilkington glasses as monolithic glazing or in insulating glass units for varied building situations. This allows flexibility of design and aesthetics, and permits optimization of thermal insulation, solar control, acoustic insulation, safety and security properties - all with built-in high performance fire protection.
* Thermal insulation can be maximized in an insulating glass unit that combines Pilkington Pyrostop™ with Low-E glass.
* Solar control can be optimized by creating an insulating glass unit using Pilkington Pyrostop™ and solar control glass.
* For noise reduction, Pilkington Pyrostop™ can be combined in an insulating glass unit with acoustic laminated glass.
* For safety and security, combine Pilkington Pyrostop™ with tempered safety glass and laminated safety glass.
* For decoration, Pilkington Pyrostop™ can be filmed (for internal use only) or slightly sandblasted. Additionally it can be combined with Venetian blinds in an insulating glass unit (for internal use only).
For more information visit: